Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Lock rite question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 am

The locker is squeeling the tires ALL the time now like the locker is not disengaging. I replaced the hub last night and this morning trying to turn out of the driveway I discovered this issue. Any thoughts on the cause. My guess is something got screwed up when the hub blew? The shaft never came out. It is not poping or missing just always locked.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:44 am

You need to rebuild the locker. one of the springs are either worn out or broken and the plates aren't moving so its like having a spool.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:26 pm

All 4 pins were broken ???? This case is eating lockers at an alarming pace!!!

I think I am just going to put the spiders back in . Do they just "float on the pin? Never done it before.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:22 pm

you know how to break a locker. I think the ping goes through the one set of spiders. Never look at it that close never plane on putting them back in. Find a new axle 8.8 with a ABR .
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:50 am

Yeah I sure do. This time I did not even wheel it yet!!! Spiders are back in and tested, seems to be ok. I ordered the new pin kit so i may give the locker one more try..... but yeah I am looking for axles, and the cash to pay for them.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:08 am

you have time. I may be getttting a project vehiicle with a 9" rear and D44 front soon. Not adequate for what I want to do.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:50 am

Yeah well Chris not to bash on your locker but those basic lock rites are trash. I have seen people have good luck with them and bad luck with them and most of the time the good luck is just dumb luck that its works. I have seen guys measure and test and check and take there time to do it all right and then it doesn't work. But yeah personally I would trash it stop fighting with it. Enjoy wheeling and driving it open. Start and piggy bank for a 8.8 or a Dana44 out of a TJ, or talk to Bill.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Willys
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
Twisted Willys

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 pm

I've done my time with lock rites. Never again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DLLME
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:55 am

Well Wheel'ed the crap out of it this weekend, only winched once with out the locker and I think untill I upgrade the axles I am going to go open diffs. for the first time in awhile I did not break anything either. 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lock rite question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock rite question   Lock rite question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lock rite question
Page 1 of 1