Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Exo question

Go down 
+2
mdcj7
UPNOVER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Since seeing Joe's roll over I have been thinking about exo cages. I have a full internal cage but I was concerned that in a roll over I would crush the pillars and then its done.

Check out this exo that is run through the roof to a internal cage. What are your thoughts?

Exo question Exo10

Exo question Exo210

Exo question Exo310

I dont see why I couldnt go directly to my cage like he did.

Exo question Intern10

Thoughts?

I think I will call Appalachian and see what it will cost?
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:47 pm

You can talk to Zach at AtoZ fabrication
http://www.atozfabrication.com/catalog/

he does great work his shop is close to rausch Creek He did my chage at a good price also did Nick's
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:53 pm

I like it, it will also protect your rain gutters when you lean it into a tree
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:31 am

Yeah but is it really needed? that is a lot of extra weight high in the vehicle. With unibody you have to be concerned about integrety of the vehicle but with an internal cage already do you have to worry about it? If you drive it like a buggy and want to keep the weather out then its worth looking at. I don't like the design of the cage but I like the concept. Seems like with his if he rolls over the body is toast anyway.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:54 am

I am obviouly not worried about body damage, atleast until I replace the doors. I am worried that if it go's over the pillar's will crush like Joe's did and then the structure is worthless. I dont want to be pulling everything and replacing with a new jeep.

The internal cage is there for occupant safety but the windshield frame and door pillars will compress alittle until they hit the cage completely and then the doors wont close and the windshield frame is done.

I dont see it being much weight if I just do the bars up the cowl and around the roof. I was thinking of pulling the gas tank and the huge diamond plate guard around it and running a nice cell in the rear. That weight savings will probably equal out.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:26 pm

taking the tank off dosn't make up for weight because your just adding it to the top. In which case your messing up your COG even more. To be honest in a mere flop they work well or rubbing up against stuff but if you really put that thing over say on a large hill climb, nothing is going to save that body from being tweaked Idea kind of the theory I tell people getting into the sport if you cant afford to just walk away from the rig and write it off when there is a problem you shouldn't be running it on the trails.
Back to top Go down
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Thats ok if you dont have that much money into the rig. Exo's can be designed to withstand a roll over.

Exo question Dscf1510
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:33 pm

I really see no reason not to do it. I bet the tire and rack are heavier then the tube on the one xj. I say go for it, then when you roll it and still have a windshield you can get out of the jeep and say edffwfas
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Grason
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool

Male
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:29 pm

UPNOVER wrote:
Thats ok if you dont have that much money into the rig. Exo's can be designed to withstand a roll over.

Exo question Dscf1510

that is one of the most badass xj's ive seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exo question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo question   Exo question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exo question
Page 1 of 1