Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

seat advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm

looking for front seats for the YJ to accomodate 5 point harnesses. Don't want to go expensive and buy mastercraft. is there a fairly ok budget seat out there that won't wear a hole in my backside during a day of wheeling?
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:06 am

Great question...i'm curious about the Corbeau Moab for its price although it looks like it's of equal garbage to the bestop super seat or whatever they call it. Any input is much appreciated for this because I need to change my seats soon.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm liking the seats that I got from Matt but they suck for street rigs. I'm going to put them in the Toyota once I figure the seats I want for the YJ. I'm thinking that I'm going to just buy some Catalog seats cause they are tested and tried and come with all the hardware to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 pm

here is what I found out from other wheelers:

Mastercraft's are one of the nicest, prp's are also good. I'm using a corbeau baja ss. in my buggy. I paid 100 for the seat but it was preowned and unused.

I plan on going PRP seats when I buy some. I have liked the ones I have sat in and hear nothing but good about them.

Also are these good seats for someone 6'3" and 230#?

I'm right at your size. I sat in Scotts and they were a little tight up around my shoulders. I'm not sure about the Hunsaker's, but my guess would be they have them in larger frames. I'm pretty sure PRP offers them.

The new hunsaker synkro should fit you. I'm 6'2" and fit fine. However I don't know what color you are after but they are out of black. I had to get grey and dye them black.

I do NOT promote shit, just 'cause I bought it. I love my PRP seats. It made a WORLD of difference in a day a wheeling. They look like Mastercrafts, but cost 1/2 as much. I am 5' 11" - 320 Lbs.

Im about 6 foot 200 or so, they are a bit tight on the hip. I can imagine they would prob be snug on you, they do however make different styles. Scott and I both have the Synkros.

http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/

http://www.prpseats.com/home.html

I like the PRP seats, I picked up a set for mine. And have sat in a couple they seem to be comfy. I will be able to give a better report after I wheel in them.

corbeu baja ss
i think their like 169$ a peice without shipping, they have a variety of colors and they really "suck you in" however they arent bolt on so you'll have to make/or buy brackets
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 pm

JC whitney has these pretty cheap
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009764/p-2009764/N-111+10201+600003386/c-10101
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:01 pm

PEP boys used to sell the ones in JCW... I sat in them a few times and found them snug, but comfortable.

It was all cloth though, and I was not sure how well it would wear...

Thanks for the post Bill... I will be hunting down this road soon... once I get a cage in this summer I am going 5 point as well...

I am prepping up for not IF i roll but WHEN i roll...
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
Sponsored content

seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: seat advice   seat advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seat advice
Page 1 of 1