Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger

Go down 
+11
Grason
SPP YJ
Locked_N_Loaded
connordanny
GotMud?
thinga'ma'rig
jealos-z
rockdw72
md4wheelin
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks that is good to know.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 pm

I ended up using a dodge 3500 MC and it works great. nester I wouldn't think it would be to much for the 8.8 as long as its has disks.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:38 am

Oh yeah I wasn't going to do the rear axle swap unless it had the disc brakes and at least a 30 spline shaft. got lucky with a bolt in rear but my thought is should I upgrade. the jeep stops okay but would I benefit from a larger/stronger master cylinder. Its not on the top of my list but its something I would keep a eye out for the next time I went to the junk yard.
Back to top Go down
GotMud?
Open/Open
Open/Open
GotMud?

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Man I love the d60, one day when my tj growse up shel get some large axel as well.To bad She has too wait,cuse i have the room for 42s. 9
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Today the 9" rear came out and the rear D60 went in. The Superlift 4" lift springs came out and the Stock YJ springs were installed spring over. This dropped the rear about 3" but with itty bitty tires on the 60's it looks rather silly now with 28" tires in rear and 37" tires in front. The rear was centered in the vehicle, Nester set the pinion angle close to what it needs to be and we set set the springs down on MORE leaf pads off center to move the axle back a little and center the wheel. It was not welded in as the crossmember and tranny mounts are not in yet. brake lines need to be run, shocks need to be mounted, and CV driveshaft needs to be ordered. THANKS Eric and Ryan for your help.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:32 pm

No problem man sorry my simple repair turned in to a mess but the jeep rode home good. Its good to see the CJ starting to shape up.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:11 am

makitupthehardway wrote:
sorry my simple repair turned in to a mess .
Isn't that the way most projects are? NP I enjoyed the company.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm

found some trick spring over axle spring plates with offset center pin holes at polyperformance RE-2055. they are $20 each though.
Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Untitled-1-02
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:38 pm

zack from a to z makes them too
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
found some trick spring over axle spring plates with offset center pin holes at polyperformance RE-2055. they are $20 each though.
Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Untitled-1-02

I need a set of those for the Dana 44 I wonder if they will work.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 pm

http://polyperformance.com/shop/SOA-Spring-Plate-p-17535.html
Universal Spring Plate. 3/8" Thick with three different center pin holes. Raw Steel, no paint or powder coating. Will fit Ubolts from 1/2" X 2.75" ID to 9/16" X 3.25" ID.

that is quite a range of sizes for the u-bolts. cant see why they wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I did order a pair of them. Also ordered the kingpin rebuild kit, new j-joints, spindle bearing and seal kit, new bearings and seals, new rotors, new brake calipers with hardware and pads, new lug bolts, new spindle lock nut kit, new spindle nut socket to match. should have most of it in by Thurs.
I need to find a source for some extended brake lines front and rear.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 pm

i am getting ready to order 8 sets of the 24 inch brake lines from clayton offroad. some for a tj and yj. i think they are the same for a cj. they are 129.00 plus shipping for the complete front and rear kit. if you want to purchase one from me i will give you 25% off of the part with shipping.should be around 105.00 for a set , i am going to buy and sell them on ebay. there arn't any 24 inch lines anywhere on there.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:10 am

I think your right von that all tj,cj,yj,xj,zj lines are the same size. As a side note rubicon express sells them up to 26" if I remember corectly.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 am

My only confusion is whether the brake lines will bolt up to my D60 calipers.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 am

I'm waiting for parts for the front end now. Most should be in on thursday and I'll probably work on it on saturday. You are welcome to come down and help. On the agenda is:

1. Finish cleaning up the front D60 and reassemble with all the new parts.
2. Remove front D44 axle from the CJ with springs.
3. Install Blue Torch Fab full width kit. (bumper with hangers and outboard rear shackle
hangers)
4. Install D60 with waggy leaf springs.

Shocks, brake lines, and driveshaft will have to be ordered.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 pm

the rear will work because you are redoing the brake lines any way right. But the front I had to get a differnt banjo fitting to reuse my old lines
http://polyperformance.com/shop/Steel-Banjo-Adapter-p-3050.html
I don't remember which size
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm redoing all brake lines, I'll look into it this weekend when I'm working on the axles.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm

i am getting about 8 sets all together to resell them. i need a set for my dana 60hp front axle on my buggy. so i will see if it works ok. it might be a week b4 i get them though.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:18 pm

dont forget to order bushings for the springs. Poly has them on the same page as the spring plates.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah, I just measured for the waggy springs and they are 1.25" in the front and 1 7/8 in the back of them and the YJ I think are 1.5" from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:35 am

Found the waggy bushings on teamgrandwagoneer.com. Bought a complete set. still need to order YJ bushings. Also ordered high steer arms from bluetorchfab in their new design, DOM/tubing inserts, hi steer arm bolts as well. Got the rotors, brakes, seals, lugs and other stuff in today. Still waiting on the kingpin and spindle bearing kits from partsmike.com. Thursday if the parts arent here I can remove the front axle from the CJ and work on the YJ.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:10 pm

I think I am going to go with Boggers 37x13x17 on the Hummer H2 rims. Now to find a decent price. I see anywhere from 298 to 330.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 pm

i can get the 37x13.5x17 nitto mud grapplers through work if you want them for 325.00 each plus sales tax they are usually like 350- 365 each.. i called my tire place and they have 4 in stock, but we are a c.o.d account so i would need to pay for it at the time of delivery
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 pm

I haven't been a fan of nitto tires. I like boggers better. Wait a minute....don't you run boggers? hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger   Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project "Mud Bandit" dedicated mud bogger
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next