Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Is it Worth iT!!??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male
Number of posts : 120
Emploi : CNC Machinist
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:21 pm

I have a 97 wrangler 128000 miles 4 cyclindr auto bone stock. Would it be worth lifting it 4 inchs and to use 33's. suggestions please
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clark687
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:19 pm

do a 2" BB and 32" tires it would cost alot less. 33" and a 4cyl may not go to good. I test drove one with 30" on a 4cyl and felt it was a dog but I have only own 6cyl jeeps.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Ehhh...you should probably just buy the 98 sahara from me...
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 am

Personal opinion I wouldn't. I have seen plenty of guys do it and talk about how they love it. You would have to regear just for the 33's
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 am

Personal opinion I wouldn't. I have seen plenty of guys do it and talk about how they love it. You would have to regear just for the 33's
Back to top Go down
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: hey   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:20 am

it was worth it. theres not much of a power loss that i feel. i still move. and runs pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:02 am

You have to also figure in the "I have a new lift factor" many of us in our green stage thought that the jeep was great with just a lift. Trust me I'm the guy that but 35's on my YJ with the stock 3:07 gears and drove it like that for three years till I started wheeling.

Your right about what you said with no bumpers, winch, skids, rocker guards or the load of tools and recovery gear that we tend to collect your jeep will do everything thing you want it to do and you will be happy. If I were in your shoes I would start saving for skids and gears. bumpers and all that other fancy crap can wait for sweet deals (you find them here). Also so pack light don't bring four friends and tons of stuff you don't need. I had a friend that ran your setup for a couple of years with no problems other than wishing for a little more power. Later down the road if you want do the gears to 4:88's and don't wast your money on bolt ons unless its a muffler to make it sound cool and a K&N filter for the stock box. It will help and little bit but the rear power gains are in the torque the gears will give you.

Glade to see you lifted that thing. Hope to see you on the trails soon. Please have a CB and tow hooks. If you haven't bought anything else yet other than those don't come out once see what we use and then go get what you need. Sorry for the long rant I tend to get carried away.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 pm

I second Nester on that one... don't rush out and buy a ton of gear... wheel a couple times (or right seat it with someone) and see what we use... then invest in that...

As long as u have a CB, tow hooks, GOOD straps, and a fire extinguisher, basic tool set (8mm to 17mm tops... mostly 8, 10, 13...)

Mostly strap and tow hooks... and a sense of humor...

A good friend once told me "If you are getting pulled, strapped, or winched... you are trying hard enough" lol!

Hope to see you on the trails soon.
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
clark687
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
clark687

Male

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

i have tow hooks getting a rear put in soon, cb with trucker antenna flexxyy as heck. and fire. i just need the tow strap and a spare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it Worth iT!!?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Worth iT!!??   Is it Worth iT!!?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it Worth iT!!??
Page 1 of 1