Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Is it worth the buy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Is it worth the buy? Empty
PostSubject: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:55 pm

My buddy Tom (he and his son wheeled with us on the 13th) is rebuilding an 89 wrangler, and is looking for some beefier axles and gearing (nothing crazy). He came across this posting on CL.

Any opinions?

"i have a set of axles for sale. the front is a dana 30 with 4340 chromoly axles 31 spline, detroit locker, and 4:88 gears. it is complete from caliper to caliper has all new bearings and seals. brakes have some miles on them but are still great condition. also has diff gaurd and axle truss. the rear is a chrysler 8.25 with the exact setup as the front. i have $2,600 invested but im asking $2,000 obo. there is nothing wrong with either axle i just upgraded to full width dana 70 and 60. all offers will be considered. thanks "

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/555999292.html
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:51 pm

low ball him because the rear axel is worthless because its no better then a d35.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah low ball him cause there are cheaper options. Chris Tell him for the 1500 dollar range he can get a 8.8 for 200-400 bucks and a HP Dana 30 from a four cylinder YJ that has stock 4:10's. The Front will bolt in. They go for anything from 100-300 bucks. He can get them cleaned up and setup for install for less than 600 bucks if he keeps a eye out for a deal. Even cheaper if you goes with a Dana 35 from a four cylinder but not worth the effort or investing money unless its cheap I mean 100 bucks or less cheap. Unless it has a super 35 kit in it.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:28 pm

I wouldn't want to waste time installing something like that. not worth the hassle even if you get a great deal. A polished turd is still a turd!
Back to top Go down
el_flasko
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
el_flasko

Male
Number of posts : 53
Emploi : Resident Mortgage Guy
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
I wouldn't want to waste time installing something like that. not worth the hassle even if you get a great deal. A polished turd is still a turd!

Agreed. You could find a set of d44's for less than that if you shop.

PS...love the "polished turd" comment lol!
Back to top Go down
lloyder05
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
lloyder05

Male
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks for everyones input. He is going to hold off a while for a better deal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth the buy?   Is it worth the buy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it worth the buy?
Page 1 of 1