Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Dumb Thieves

Go down 
+7
onemoretime
Rockn93YJ
rockdw72
makitupthehardway
The Devil Dog
md4wheelin
connordanny
11 posters
AuthorMessage
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 am

I came out to go to work this morning and I said to myself "Why is my door shaped like an L?" Someone bent my soft door on my YJ 90 degrees so they could rummage through the console. I didn't have anything in there to steal. The funny part is that the soft doors do not lock. They don't even have a place to put a key. Chances are they tried to open the door from the inside, but couldn't figure out the latch. This was the 10th "rummage" through my Jeeps. Thanks Baltimore! I'm just glad they didn't cut the plastic window. I was able to bend the door back close to the original shape. Thanks for letting me rant!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 11:21 am

don't feel bad some one tried to steal my old dodge at the yard by ripping out ignition. they couldn't get it started so they left it. I took it over to my cousins shop to have it get worked on because they had fried the computer in it by crossing wires. Anyway in front of his shop, some how the pass. side door got locked but the drivers side was still open. the dumb ass clowns proceeded to break up my pass side lock to get into a vehical that some one else had tried to steal and was unlocked on the other side.
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:06 pm

This reminds me of the time when I bought my current wrangler, after owning it for 2 days, I had some dumb smock cut the rear side top panel to gain entry into the Jeep, once in, he or they tore off the center piece of the dash and tore out the stereo system. Much to their surprise is that the doors where left open, the tail gate was open and to top it all off the dam CD stereo didn't even work. Thanks to their stupidity, I ended up getting a new Pioneer CD stereo that worked a lift kit and a new soft top out of the deal.Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 am

Got broken in to twice. Its just part of having a jeep. shdjfhdjghkdbfjxcdb
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 pm

every car I have had has been broken into except my jeep scratch well and my kia but that doesn't count cause I wouldn't be sad if that was stolen
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 2:54 pm

Try leaving it really muddy dirty. They won't want to touch it.
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:02 pm

I think that is why i have been so lucky
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:58 pm

That is my whole reason for not locking my doors. So that if a thieve wants in, he can just open the door and not ruin the top or windows. Guess some thieves just arent that bright
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 8:43 am

We have theives in our neighborhood that walk down the street checking for open car doors. Usually looking for money and electronics. Never any damage to the vehicles. So I had kept the Jeep doors locked. They finally figured out that the windows zipped out. Guess that's better than cutting them. The funny thing is that the only thing that they stole was the Owner's Manual. scratch

I now have the locking tool box, and park my Jeep right next to the house.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 8:03 pm

Xtrmrokkrawlr wrote:
That is my whole reason for not locking my doors. So that if a thieve wants in, he can just open the door and not ruin the top or windows. Guess some thieves just arent that bright

Hey Rich... If I remember the last run correctly yours didn't open at all... even unlocked... hehehe...

Photolab messed up the pics or I would have had a REAL nice one of you getting in DUKES OF HAZZARD style... hehehehe.

I should stop before you mention me falling out of my jeep... hehehe... my wrist still hurts...
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
GJeeper
Open/Open
Open/Open

Male
Number of posts : 4
Emploi : Uncle Sam
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:22 am

Mine was broken into in Annapolis. I had a tuffy security console, so they took the change out of my ashtray. If the change wasn't enough, they then stole my LEFTOVER pizza from dinner. I sure hope they chocked on the pepperonis!
Back to top Go down
The Devil Dog
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
The Devil Dog

Male
Number of posts : 1306
Emploi : New Suzuki and Used Car Sales

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:32 am

GJeeper wrote:
Mine was broken into in Annapolis. I had a tuffy security console, so they took the change out of my ashtray. If the change wasn't enough, they then stole my LEFTOVER pizza from dinner. I sure hope they chocked on the pepperonis!
You know taking the loose change I can see, but messing with your dinner that sucks. Sound like a homeless person hit you. He had a greater need than you. You still have a Jeep he has two left feet, hehehehe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tico_mrr
SLOPAR
Open/Locker
Open/Locker

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:55 am

I'm lucky my Jeep lives in the garage, which is also where my Pit Bull lives (not kidding). I would LOVE to see someone try to break in my Jeep.
jkfg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumb Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Thieves   Dumb Thieves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Thieves
Page 1 of 1