Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Garage reconstruction

Go down 
+3
makitupthehardway
thinga'ma'rig
Rockn93YJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Garage reconstruction Empty
PostSubject: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:10 am

Ok this past week I turned the keys to the old house over to the realtor so time to move on to my next project. Garage hasn't changed much since the move. I did clean it up and take out about 4 bags of garbage/cans/bottles etc. Found a 3' crow bar about an 1 1/4 thick along a wall and used that to tear down the shelves near the garage door. those shelves were useless, built of particle board and not well constructed. I'm going to leave that spot open and probably put another garage door up. I need to pick up a load of 2x4's and then i can start construction the storage shelves and work benches. Haven't laid out a plan yet but I'll post it once I have an idea what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of putting the triple stacked storage shelves in the space used as the office that the wall was torn down from. I think I'll put a span of work bench in there too in addition to a sink(replace the green stove/fridge/sink with a big utility sink). I think along the entire back wall will be work bench as well since there are outlets along the whole way. That way i can set the drill press, grinders, chop saws etc along there without having to move them around each time i use them.
Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:36 am

take some b-4 and after pics mbn
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:46 am

OK, pics are good. Since I've already removed the shelves the best before picture is with Matt's famous pose. The shelves on the right side of the picture have been removed. After pics will be coming soon. As for layout of the garage here is the initial thought.
Garage reconstruction Garagesetup-1
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I have the hookup on building supplies, plus I'm in debit to you anyway. I also will have time on the month coming to come out your way and help with anything you need.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:36 pm

I may be able to hook you up with a pool table either cheap or free if you are interested. My dad doesn't use his anymore and I was going to talk to him about getting rid of it. If you care about looks you would want to refelt it. If beer and stuff is going to get spilled on it then I wouldn't bother.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:52 pm

sounds good, I'll keep ya posted. definitely interested in the pool table Kat, no hurries since I have to build the shelves first and empty the "hair salon.
I have all the wood for the shelves for the most part. I just need about 20-30 2x4's and i can build most of it. I dont have the materials to build the bar or frame the door to teh bar or the materials or know how to build the new garage door...yet.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:47 pm

I got you on the 2x4's I just need to know what length you want. Also I can get doors and all the materials to build your bar in any fashion that you choose. Personally I would think a bar out of stainless would look sweet in a garage but the traditional Oak bar alway looks good and takes a beating. Just let me know if you want me to get that stuff for you I can get it anytime your ready.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I was thinking of just getting 8' 2x4's since most of the shelves that are already built are 8' and just needs legs etc. I need to get some measurements tomorrow and I can figure out how many I need. As far as the bar is concerned that can be built any time. You should stop by and take a look, maybe give me some ideas on how to set this up. There is already hot/cold water in the area behind where the bar will go. have to measure the room so i can leave room for the pool table and bar stools etc. It sounds like i won't be wheeling this sunday if you have time or we can do one of the following weeks. I still don't work thursdays or weekends and only work half a day on tuesdays. Text me if you find a window of time to stop by.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:03 pm

OK so I was supposed to rest this weekend and so I did. I did a little work in the garage and rested.
Tore out the front shelves in the garage.
Garage reconstruction Garagefrontshelvesgone
and then looked at some flowers in teh yard.
Garage reconstruction HPIM2798
Then built 2 sets of triple shelves in the demolition room for all the non jeep stuff.
Then looked at some more flowers.
Garage reconstruction HPIM2799
then built workbenches along the back wall.
Garage reconstruction Garagebackwall

Then more flowers
Garage reconstruction HPIM2800
then built work benches along he side of the garage.
Garage reconstruction Garagesidewall
Also wired power for the plasma cutter and welder. Now I'm ready to tear into the CJ again.
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:58 am

Very nice job bill but you better get some rest so you can get back on the trail with us.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:59 am

Looks likč a relaxing weekend! Nice benches and flowers.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:35 am

Looks nice but you forgot to look up "rest" in the dictionary didn't you? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

well it wasn't actually rest but he did say take it easy and don't do anything that will cause you to bleed. If I were to bump my head while on the blood thinners it would not be good. Tomorrow I get to go through the 4hr cardiac stress test and thurs to friday i get to wear a heart monitor.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:24 am

Looks good Bill. I think you went from having 2 twice as much garage as me to 4 or 5 times. That much space is going to be great for working on the rigs. Looks like you not in much need of 2x4's unless you have something else in mind.
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm

no I got a little impatient with getting it done, looking forward to getting the CJ together. I definitely need help with putting the entertainment room together. I'll get a pool table in there first and then see how much room is left for a bar.
Back to top Go down
jealos-z
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
jealos-z

Male
Number of posts : 604
Emploi : Mechanic
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Hell you dont need a stress test you got one friday and survived jocolor
Back to top Go down
SPP YJ
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
SPP YJ

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Good luck with stress test hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:43 am

jealos-z wrote:
Hell you dont need a stress test you got one friday and survived jocolor

kat Good one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garage reconstruction   Garage reconstruction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garage reconstruction
Page 1 of 1