Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Rubi Lockers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:39 am

Well, my new axles/lockers worked for three days. What is it with me and lockers? How embarassing to have to back off a rock I climbed so easily a week or so earlier. I think Joe's exact words were "Take the walk of shame." :x

My front locker is not engaging. The compressor seems to be running, and the air lines seem to be intact. Any ideas? I guess I need to go through a process of elimination, but don't really know where to start other than to check the fuse that runs the switch.
Back to top Go down
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 11:06 am

Bobby heres a few things to check...

1) make sure the locker is not engauged when the light is flashing, the rubi locker indicator switch is known to fail. If this is the case the new part can be purchased at the dealer for around $30. The switch is at the diff not the one on the dash.

2) Pull the air line off the diff side, plug it with you thumb while the pump is running. Hold there for a minute...If it doesn't shut off you have a leak in the air line somewhere. If it shuts off then there is a small (like 2-3" long) air lline in the diff, I've seen a few get disconnected. You will have to pull the diff cover to check so try this last. Jeep uses a really weak clamp in it so put something better on. I used a really small hose clamp.

If this dosen't help try a seach on RubiconOwnersForum.com, you'll find tons of info.

Good luck and let me know what you find out or if you have any questions.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Bobbi...Did you ever get your locker working?
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:30 pm

I have been kinda avoiding it since the Jeep was covered in snow, then it was really cold. Now I am gonna have to spend some time on it so I am not out wheelin' without it.

Hoping to find a garage to borrow next weekend so I can work inside. Weather's not looking good for the next week. BRRRRRR! So if anyone has one available, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey Bobbi,

Not sure if you got them working or not... I don't have any space to lend, but if you need an extra set of hands let me know.

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 am

I've got a garage if you need. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 9:25 am

I would appreciate using it for sure. When are you, or your garage, available next weekend?
Back to top Go down
06rubicon
Open/Locker
Open/Locker
06rubicon

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm

I think I'm available on Sat the 3rd, I started a new job so I couldn't confrim until later in the week. Sunday is out because of the Super Bowl. I'm off rt15 in Frederick so I should only be about 30mins from you and I should have all the tools we need but you might want to pick up some diif oil in case we have to open it. Just let me know what you want to do. I think you have my cell# if not let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Saturday sounds good. Let me know how that turns out. I have the troubleshooting and repair manual from Tony, so that should help. Looks like Paul will be working, so I will definitely need a lot of assistance.

So Tony, if you are available, and not going to PAP, let me know. I'll bring food and drinks for all.

BTW, Ryan I still have your business card with the cell number on it.

Thanks again for the offer of the garage and help.
Back to top Go down
projblacknblue
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
projblacknblue

Male
Number of posts : 297

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:16 pm

Hey Bobbi... sorry for the delay... been working double shifts all week... over 60 hours in this week so far... to bad I am salary asdyuysigidfdjbisd

I am all for lending a hand if you would still like to do it... I was just reading the depressing news on Paragon... affraid

Does it change your plans on the locker, or are you still on?

Let me know...

What time we meeting?

I can email you my cell number... don't remember if you have it already or not...
Back to top Go down
http://photos.yahoo.com/prophoto26
MaxRox
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
MaxRox

Female

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm getting pressure from all sides to go up to Pragon on Saturday, but without the locker I can't do the fun stuff I never got to try Sad

I'll let you know how it all plays out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rubi Lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubi Lockers   Rubi Lockers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubi Lockers
Page 1 of 1