Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

schematic for push button start

Go down 
+2
Locked_N_Loaded
Rockn93YJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

schematic for push button start Empty
PostSubject: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 am

schematic for push button start Schematic
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Sexy! This could be helpful to others too...good source for basic vehicle diagrams...would come in handy for something like this. Although I forgot this is probably for the CJ and they obviously don't have that...no biggie to find what you need with a test light for that though.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Yep for the CJ since I'm replacing the steering column with full hydro steering. I love diagrams. ALso have the 95 wrangler shop manual on loan to me for some light reading if anyone neeeds information.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

you also should put that toggle in a spot were you wouldn't think to look so someone would have trouble just starting up the cj if they didn't know were the switch was.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Best for that would to be to add an additional interrupt else where...keep the main one visible and easily accessible in case somebody would have to shut it off in an emergency situation (although you have to have a battery kill anyway for rcrocs rules?). Either way, no biggie and not a bad idea hiding a toggle somewhere else in the middle to serve the purpose you mention joe.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
Best for that would to be to add an additional interrupt else where...keep the main one visible and easily accessible in case somebody would have to shut it off in an emergency situation (although you have to have a battery kill anyway for rcrocs rules?). Either way, no biggie and not a bad idea hiding a toggle somewhere else in the middle to serve the purpose you mention joe.

Or you just pull the fuse for the fuel pump or the relay for the starter.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:

Ever see me try to restart the TJ when I'm on an incline and the seatbelt locks in? Damn "Magic Button" is always just out of reach! If the interrupt is a toggle instead of an "always off" button you could restart it quick if need be, then throw the hidden toggle to off at the end of the day
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm

I read where someone used the horn button(no thief would ever think to blow the horn to start the vehicle)
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

My favorite I ever saw was wired in a civic at the auction...had to hit the sunroof button before starting.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Rockn93YJ wrote:
I read where someone used the horn button(no thief would ever think to blow the horn to start the vehicle)

you know its not a bad idea but I dont know about you but I find the horn handy with all these fuckers that dont like using a CB to get each others attention.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:27 pm

My horn does a GREAT job of getting your attention nester jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Locked_N_Loaded wrote:
My horn does a GREAT job of getting your attention nester jjjjjjjjjjj

Dick.
Back to top Go down
Eskimo
LS/Locker
LS/Locker
Eskimo

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Ideally, you'd want the ACC circuit to be interrupted when the starter is engaged. It's just a matter of wiring that circuit through 30 & 87A of a relay, with 85 to ground and 86 to the same 12v+ wire that energizes the starter.. BUt for a buggy it'll probably be fine, it'll just shorten the lifespan of the alternator a little.
Back to top Go down
Locked_N_Loaded
Admin
Admin
Locked_N_Loaded

Male

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Good stuff, thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: schematic for push button start   schematic for push button start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

schematic for push button start
Page 1 of 1