Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

XJ...Where to start??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-01-19

XJ...Where to start?? Empty
PostSubject: XJ...Where to start??   XJ...Where to start?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:51 am

My buddy just picked up a XJ to run on the trails. I havent seen it yet but he said it was a Pioneer and is pretty clean. He wants to run the trails with it, so where should we start to get him capable of having some fun?
I just found him a set of used 30 MTR's and we are going to check them out. He is a parts store manager and he has access to anything he needs. Once we get him started I know he will go hog wild like the rest of us but I want to do the simple things first to get him involved.
He already has a trailer and a nice tow rig so we dont have to stick to legal requirements. He said he didnt mind using the saw zaw but I dont think we have to start there with only 30's. I believe it probably has fender flares and worst case we will remove them.
Before summer I want to get him a lockrite for the front but that will have to wait till summer or when Im in my new house.. Its too cold to do it on the ground..
Give me some ideas where you would start.

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: XJ...Where to start??   XJ...Where to start?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:57 am

Matt,
I do have a front and rear lunchbox for a d30/d35. i will be saling them very sson as i will have no need for them. Also is it a 4 door? with a 2" bb lift and some fender trimming you can do 32x11.5 if you dont mind some rubbing. if he really doesnt care about street. do a add leaf in rear with ext. shackle. Then 2" coil spacer front with junkyard zj springs for the front. remove the outer front fender and you can get 33x12.5 to 34" on it with the right bs rims. Just my .02 tho
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
UPNOVER
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
UPNOVER

Male
Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: XJ...Where to start??   XJ...Where to start?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks.. I just gave him the link to the forum and he can read what everyone says. Im sure he will become a member first time on the trails.. He rides atv's also and I know he will be hooked..
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: XJ...Where to start??   XJ...Where to start?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:34 pm

Yeah if its going to be a trail beater that just streets to the trails Rich has a good path. Make sure you guys plan on subframe supports are important. Very important if he wants to take the doors off. Cut off the rear track bar. It will give a little more flex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XJ...Where to start??   XJ...Where to start?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XJ...Where to start??
Page 1 of 1