Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Wiring questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 5:18 pm

I am installing an aftermaket fuel pump/sending unit. they sent me a new harness to splice into the old harness. They have conveniently labeled the 3 wires as (orange) positive, (tan) sender, and (black)ground. ON my YJ the wires are 1. Green with black stripe. 2. Dark Blue.
3. Black with orange stripe. Ok so which wire goes to which? I think the Dark blue one is to the Sender from looking at a wiring diagram on autozone web site. there is a dark blue wire going from the guage do the fuel tank. Is there a "normal" wire color that is used for positive and ground? If I hook it up backwards will the world come to an end?
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 5:42 pm

when we hooked up AJs fuel pump we just took a key-switch power to the positive(orange in your case) an grounded the negative(black) This doesn't really answer your question. If you have a volt meter you can test which ones have power and which is the ground. I hate wiring and AJ and my brother love it, so they could help you out better then I could.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:12 pm

ok so I turned the key and found that the black with orange has juice so I hooked that to positive and the green wiht black strip to negative. It doesn't start. Then I check the bleeder valve on the fuel rail and it has a trickle of fuel with the key on. hmmm. Gas guage measures when I turn the key on and goes all the way up to full as it's cranking(don't know if that is normal or not)
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 5:13 pm

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

The black with orange is ground
The green with black stripe is Positive
Dark Blue is fuel guage.

Now for the first time in years I have a working gas guage. 9
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:23 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

Wiring questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring questions   Wiring questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring questions
Page 1 of 1