Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

SYE questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hank
Open/Open
Open/Open
Hank

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-01-25

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 7:15 pm

I plan on getting a SYE and drive shaft from Tom Woods in the next couple of days and I still have a few questions. I’ve narrowed it down to two different types, Advanced Adapters Heavy duty kit or the Modified Stock Shaft setup. I’m leaning towards the Modified Stock shaft setup mainly because its about $100 cheaper. Is there any disadvantage going with this setup instead of the AA HD kit? I guess I should say that I have a 4inch Rough Country Lift.

I’m also wondering if I really need to get the adjustable rear upper control arms to get the adjustment right. I talked with Mr. Woods a few days ago and he seems to think that I would be fine with just Cam bolts. Is this true or should I go ahead and get some new control arms also? I’m trying to do this on a tight budget but I really don’t want to end up buying the wrong thing or having to redo it in the future.

Sorry for all the questions but I really need some help.

Hank
:oops:
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:33 am

I would go with the HD SYE instead of the hack and tap. You get the upgraded HD output. I have seen hack and taps fail. Also the cam bolts should do jusst fine for changing the pinion angle. But you didnt mention how much lift you have?
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
Hank
Open/Open
Open/Open
Hank

Male

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 am

Sorry about that. I have a 4inch lift with a t-case dorp in now. I'm trying to get rid of my drive line vibs and raise my skid plate back up to the stock location. Would cam bolts still work for that much lift? Thanks.

Hank
Back to top Go down
onemoretime
Admin
Admin
onemoretime

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-01-18

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 1:41 pm

The cam bolts and cv shaft will take care of it. Extended arms would let you move the axle back an 1" to make the rear wheel centered again.
Back to top Go down
https://mrr4x4cforum.editboard.com
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Hey Hank I would do the HD SYE. Its a little more but worth it cause Get that HD output shaft and a little more room for you drive shavt. You can get control arms done later. How is installing your SYE kit? if you need someone PM me we can talk.
Back to top Go down
Hank
Open/Open
Open/Open
Hank

Male

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Thanks for all of the help. I'll try to order the SYE and drive shaft early next week from Tom Woods. I might need some help doing the install if anyone would like to give me a hand since I have no experance with the T-case. I will be installing everything at the auto hobby shop on Ft Meade since they have a heated shop with all of the tools and lifts there to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SYE questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: SYE questions   SYE questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SYE questions
Page 1 of 1