Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

The Resurection Project

Go down 
+21
S h a n e
MYYJROX
ffhill61
lt.dan
jealos-z
SPP YJ
mdcj7
SLeach
Locked_N_Loaded
4jeepnuts
The Devil Dog
projblacknblue
UPNOVER
rockdw72
thinga'ma'rig
connordanny
Grason
timberwolf
makitupthehardway
Rockn93YJ
md4wheelin
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

The Resurection Project - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
This is true, Joe whats next?

To be honest this project is winding down. all I got left is the rear bumper and front coilovers. Once thats finished I'm going to start on my go fast project in order to keep up with bill and kim Smile General plan is tobeat the shit out of the jeep then take all the running gear from the jeep and swap it over once the ranger is finished next year some time.

The coilovers are sway-a-way 2.0 remote reservoirs, 2007, 14" travel, triple rates.. front springs were 110/150 and rears were 80/130. Im using the fronts for the rear now and really haven't decided what weight i'm going to run in the front yet.

As for that run on the 13th I probably wont be able to make it since i'm just going to tear into the front once i finish up the rear.
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
makitupthehardway wrote:
This is true, Joe whats next?

To be honest this project is winding down. all I got left is the rear bumper and front coilovers. Once thats finished I'm going to start on my go fast project in order to keep up with bill and kim Smile General plan is tobeat the shit out of the jeep then take all the running gear from the jeep and swap it over once the ranger is finished next year some time.

The coilovers are sway-a-way 2.0 remote reservoirs, 2007, 14" travel, triple rates.. front springs were 110/150 and rears were 80/130. Im using the fronts for the rear now and really haven't decided what weight i'm going to run in the front yet.

As for that run on the 13th I probably wont be able to make it since i'm just going to tear into the front once i finish up the rear.

Come again?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:26 am

60's and coilovers to be more specific. Probly run a built 5.0, some sort of tranny and an atlas.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Hey Joe,
There are 2 rangers for sale on the RC site for cheap...
http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,9087.0.html
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks for the heads up danny but i own two rangers already lol!

Any way it looks like my shake down run for the jeep is going to be at the end of march at crozet. The guy from trucks wanted to do a run there so he dropped m a line to see if I wanted to tag along with him, conti, matt and adam. I'm not going to have time to get the front coilovers finished but should be able to get everything else worked out on it. i sat down and made a list and have about two pages of little things that need to be done so it will be cutting it close, but hell when is the rig no fully torn down two days before a run lol!

I keep forgetting to take a camera with me but I have the rear bumper tacked in. I won't win any fabrication awards on it but at least it will get the job done (I hope)
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 pm

md4wheelin wrote:
Thanks for the heads up danny but i own two rangers already lol!

Any way it looks like my shake down run for the jeep is going to be at the end of march at crozet. The guy from trucks wanted to do a run there so he dropped m a line to see if I wanted to tag along with him, conti, matt and adam. I'm not going to have time to get the front coilovers finished but should be able to get everything else worked out on it. i sat down and made a list and have about two pages of little things that need to be done so it will be cutting it close, but hell when is the rig no fully torn down two days before a run lol!

I keep forgetting to take a camera with me but I have the rear bumper tacked in. I won't win any fabrication awards on it but at least it will get the job done (I hope)

Damn Joe...
Next time you make it on TV it wont be on TRUCKS - It'll be on Hoarders jocolor
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Sadly I may of lost that title the last few weeks of moving the shop. After i realized how much shit I had to move from one shop to the next, i said screw it and got a roll of and began to fill it with the loaders. It took me 2 weeks with 3 machines 2 trucks and 3 trailers to move everything that i was not throwing away. Of which a full size roll off truck had a hard time picking up the trash.

But dont worry i still had enough to fill two 40' containters inside and on top, my 50 x 50 building and all surrounding parking lot space. When I say filled it to the point you can't walk in between stuff.

Unlike the hoarder I actually sell my junk to people like you at top dollar who realize they need some small little object they cant find easly. It seems here lately everyone needs some sort of odd automotive thngmajigit. It may take a few years on some things but still least its there when i need it.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Few teaser shots for big dogs. Still have a crap load of crap to finish up though.

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110002

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110008

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110007

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110006

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110005

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110003

The Resurection Project - Page 22 P4110004
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male
Number of posts : 3671

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
thinga'ma'rig
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
thinga'ma'rig

Male
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm

nice joe!!
Back to top Go down
MYYJROX
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
MYYJROX

Female
Number of posts : 738

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Lookin' good Joe!
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Glad to see you got tunes!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 pm

it helps kill the time when your stuck behind kat jocolor jjjjjjjjjjj
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 am

md4wheelin wrote:

if you are "stuck" behiind Kat it's your own fault. Don't worrry, she'll strap you out. jocolor
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 am

Rockn93YJ wrote:
md4wheelin wrote:

if you are "stuck" behiind Kat it's your own fault. Don't worrry, she'll strap you out. jocolor

lol!
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Well its been a few days since I've updated this thing so here it goes.

I fixed the broken drive shaft and finally went with a round one that i fabbed out of 2" .120 wall.
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5250058

Dropped the tranny pan and found this, which i'm pretty sure is not good
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5180054
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5180053

I also located were my axle wrap was coming from on the front axle
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5260059

Anyway i got that all fixed and headed out to GSNE were i proceeded to set a new record. Unfortunately it was the record for the most damage with one press of the gas.

I was at RC doing a hill climb at the end of walk in the park when the factory welds on my upper CA joints let loose. This In turn started a chain reaction of an epic scale. Any way to make a long story short when the UCA joints broke it let the pinion rotate up. This in turn snapped my pinion yoke and drive shaft. When the broken driveshaft spun it tore out various lines out from under the jeep and exhaust system . IT at some point also snapped the end of my TC off. while all this was happening the pinion kept rotating up snapping off both my coil overs which in turn let the body slam down on my new tires cutting the shit out of them. So lets just Say with all the stuff broken it made for quite an interesting recovery.
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5300063
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5300065
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5300064
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5310079
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P5310081

So after a marathon I got the jeep ready for big dogs the following weekend were it ran pretty good all weekend except for a few minor probs. One of which was my RE HD track bar bracket was hitting my truss. So i cut the bottom half off and re fabbed that. And leaky diffs which were fixed with some lube lockers. I also noticed a lout click comming from the front end of the jeep. I figured it was the u joints going bad so I replaced them along with all the bearings in the front of the jeep.

Well with that complete i headed down to harlan for GSSE were I ran it hard and shook out a few more bugs.

First being I found out were the click was comming from in my front end. it was my track locker ging up to the point were it wouldn't even lock up. i figured all the teeth would be gone but when I pulled it I found that wasn't the case
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010168
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010172
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010171
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010170
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010169

Everything was fine on it including the teeth. i guess the v8, 5.13 gears, and 38's are a little to much for it. i think im just going to toss it into my 06 f350 and run it in there till it blows up.

I also stripped out a hub which is no big deal. I have 35spline hubs and my 35 spline outers should be here any day.

I also kept blowing my hydro line that comes out of my hydro pump. I'm going to need to build a new line for this so my jeep doesnt try to burn it self to the ground again.
The Resurection Project - Page 22 P9010174

Also pick up a set of reid knuckles which ill try getting installed sometime over the winter when I go to chop the front end of the jeep off.

Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:08 pm

WOW! Shocked
Back to top Go down
rockdw72
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
rockdw72

Male
Number of posts : 1243

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:58 am

your driveshaft is out of phase.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:45 am

Not sure what you did with the locker but I bet its just a matter of getting a spring kit. I know the springs in those things tend to go bad over time.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Not sure what you did with the locker but I bet its just a matter of getting a spring kit. I know the springs in those things tend to go bad over time.

with less then 7 trips and maybe 30 road miles on it?

rockdw72 wrote:
your driveshaft is out of phase.

not any more, that one got snapped off
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:31 pm

gonna rebuild those coilovers?
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:51 pm

yes, but not probably till winter time when I do the front clip. After big dogs i'm going to roll the white jeep into the shop and began cutting it up for the front clip that will be swapped over to the green one.
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:47 pm

quick update, sent the power steering pump back to psc. They said it had a sticking valve and that was the reason it wasn't working right. They said they repaired it and should of shipped it out yesterday. Also finally got around to cutting down my one chevy outer to fit my ford hubs. Seems like that did the trick, everything bolted up, engaged and disengaged. So I finaly have 35spline outers all the way around sdsfhhgdigdhfo
Back to top Go down
Rockn93YJ
Rockn93YJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 am

I picked this jeep up a while back but haven't got a chance to mess with it. Some of you may remember this jeep, its bruce's old jeep. Its in need of some TLC. General plan is to put as little money as possible to get it somewhat road worthy and a little light trail worthy with 32s or maybe 33s. Bruce had a 231 laying in the back of it that was ready to bolt in. i decided to pull the 242 out of my rig and throw that in his jeep. This way it opens up more options for the trail rig in the gearing department. Now this bring me to the trail rig.

The Resurection Project - Page 22 IMAG0033-1

okay after running it two weekends in a row and not breaking anything (Which I havent done since I decided that 33's weren't big enough) I think ive chased out most of the bug. So thus this means its time to change everything again. Thus this brings me to a cross roads on were to go with it next. Number one goal is to loose at least 500# The general plan is to cut every off from the fire wall forward and tubing it out. This way i can get rid of the ARB (which ill put on bruce's jeep) and get a better approach angle. Also it will allow me an easyier time mounting the C.O.s Which opens pandora's box. now would be the time to do something about the drive line. I really have no issues with the power but the Xfer case gearing needs to be addressed. i have 5:13 gears FWI

options

231 with a 4 to 1
231/d300
231/231
atlas

different driveline with some other xfer case

Right now time and money is an issue. i know the atlas saves time but the 2k plus price tag would put me some were far into next season to purchase.

I'm thinking 231/d300 since the 4:1 kit is only 500ish compared to the 4:1 on the 231. but i'm thinking that the extra cost of finding and purchasing a d300 will offset the cost. Ikow im kind of rambling but i'm trying to get a game plan together since I plan on starting the tube work in dec on the mock up rig and having it transfered over to the trail rig by late april for big dogs. this is how it sits now.

The Resurection Project - Page 22 IMAG0036-1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Resurection Project   The Resurection Project - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Resurection Project
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next