Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

aussie locker for dana 30

Go down 
+3
makitupthehardway
Chris Taylor
mdcj7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male
Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2007-01-19

aussie locker for dana 30 Empty
PostSubject: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm selling my aussie locker out of my dana 30. As you know I changed my axles and have installed aussie front and back. I checked with Aussie to see if it would fit other dana 30's here is their answer "The XD13027 Aussie Locker fits all Dana 30 front diffs with the exception of
some 2007 models. We would recommend that you have potential buyers confirm
that the XD13027 you are selling fits their vehicle by checking the model
against our web site at www.aussielocker.com ."

I'm asking $200 putting here first before any other board.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:07 pm

Sucks that it is not for a 35, since I broke mine...
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male
Number of posts : 2558

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Hey but I would think twice for you guys that dont have lockers in your dana 30's trail fixes are easy and it takes alot of stress off those of you that are only locked in the rear.
Back to top Go down
Allium
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Allium

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Are there other things that need to be done when putting this on? I'm finding out if you do one thing it spirals into other things needing to be done to support it ie 4" lift - suggests the need for a cv shaft, sye kit; bigger tires may mean wider fenders, spacers etc. You see where the questions goes.
Back to top Go down
Chris Taylor
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
Chris Taylor

Male
Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 pm

makitupthehardway wrote:
Hey but I would think twice for you guys that dont have lockers in your dana 30's trail fixes are easy and it takes alot of stress off those of you that are only locked in the rear.

I wanted to put one in the front but with out the selectable hubs I figured that it would be WAY more prone to damage. Am I wrong in that thought? The hub conversion is easy but also a grand$$$ so that may not happen too soon.

thoughts??
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:26 pm

For the cost of the warn locking hub kit and the locker your better off getting a ARB locker. I bought all my stuff used for a deal but unless you can find that I wouldn't bother with it. Unless you really want it.
Back to top Go down
connordanny
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
connordanny

Male
Number of posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Chris Taylor wrote:

I wanted to put one in the front but with out the selectable hubs I figured that it would be WAY more prone to damage. Am I wrong in that thought? The hub conversion is easy but also a grand$$$ so that may not happen too soon.

thoughts??

Since I put my Aussie in the D30 last spring I've gone through 3 u-joints and one (used) inner axle shaft. Now the first 2 u-joints were the original spicer 760 with 85k miles on them. It may have just been their time to go. The 3rd was a cheap NAPA special. I'm swapping in their heavy duty version now that runs about $23. I can't find the spicer brand at the parts stores - I guess that is something you need to get online.

If you carry spare shafts w/ a bearing on the trail its just 5 bolts to swap it out...(2 on the brakes and 3 of the 13mm 12 points holding on the bearing)

I've been lucky finding spares for cheap $25 -$35 range.
Back to top Go down
SLeach
Locker/Locker
Locker/Locker
SLeach

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:01 pm

How many miles are on it?
Back to top Go down
makitupthehardway
makitupthehardway

Male

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:08 pm

miles aren't that much of a issue with lunch box lockers and since Paul just built the Cj a couple of years ago I would say if all was done right (which I have faith he did) it should be just fine and for what he wants thats a good deal.

Danny I'm right there with you on the Axle U joints. I got some semi nice ones and learned to drive easy on the skinny petal and they are holding up nice. but I still keep spares with me.
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 pm

sonofsam02 wrote:
How many miles are on it?

Just trail miles I have locking hubs so no hard road miles. Just used for wheeling
Back to top Go down
md4wheelin
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
md4wheelin

Male
Number of posts : 1875
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:08 am

pm sent
Back to top Go down
mdcj7
Locker/Spool
Locker/Spool
mdcj7

Male

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:07 pm

pm you back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aussie locker for dana 30   aussie locker for dana 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aussie locker for dana 30
Page 1 of 1